Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thanks for our money back:)

The sate of Oregon was kind enough to return some of Justin's hard earned money were still waiting for the big one:) Justin let me buy this bedroom set. It takes a few weeks to be delivered so this picture is from the showroom. It also has a night stand. That's where I have been for the past few days. Shopping:) I also bought a memory foam mattress top from Costco. I love it. No more achy back in the morning. Yesterday was a bad day for me. I just cant stand it when he is off drinking away from home. My anxiety level was through the roof yesterday. I thought if I went shopping it would take my mind off it but I couldn't get in the mood to shop so I came home and ate cake:( I am totally an emotional eater and I need to get some help for that. Being the wife of a truck driver who stays gone for weeks at a time is a lonely life and at times it gets really tough.
Have any of you seen the movie "Fireproof" it is an excellent movie, I suggest watching it ASAP. I am doing the follow up to the movie, it's called the "Love Dare" it is a guide book that happens in 40 days, each day is a new "dare" and a new lesson all revolving around love and kindness. Today I am on the first dare and it is to practice patience and hold my tongue and say nothing negative to my spouse at all even if the temptation arises. Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger. ( James1:19) My Monday night women's bible group is doing this as a group but only one dare a week. I'm going to do it in 40 days like the book suggests.
I hope it helps.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

hang in there. I know how hard it is to have him gone for weeks. Right now I am stressing as he has been home for weeks so no paycheck... things will pass and we trucker wives always get through.. hugs

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

Hope today is a better day!!!! Hugs! :)

Beautiful bedroom set you chose!! I hope the memory foam mat helps your back!! Waking up with a backache makes for a l.o.n.g day!! :(

Love the movie Fireproof.

T said...

Beautiful bedroom set Dana! Getting new furniture always lifts the spirit some!

Hang in there and big hugs my friend!

The Mind of a Mom said...

Oh Dana as long as you know he is not drinking and driving that should be you a teeny tiny bit of relief!!
Im an emotional eater also so you can come on over and have chocolate cake with me!

Have a great day

Jane said...

That is great looking furniture and I hope you enjoy it. As Peggy said, try to hang in there. It is easier said than done!

Many cyber hugs,

Jane